The Provider-Based Rule webinar is scheduled for April 27 from 8 - 9:30 am MT.
are increasingly establishing provider-based clinics of all types. While there
may be opportunities with provider-based clinics, compliance with all the rules
and regulations can be challenging. The provider-based rule (PBR) is complex,
and there are definite ambiguities. Recent changes in the supervisory
requirements for provider-based operations have created confusion and new
compliance challenges. Additionally, with Section 603 of the Bipartisan Budget
Act (BBA) of 2015, there is movement to change the rules and regulations
relative to reimbursement for provider-based clinics.
this workshop, the overall purpose and function of the provider-based rule is
addressed as well as critical information concerning physician supervisory
changes along with a discussion of the future of provider-based clinics.
Particular attention is made to rule changes as implemented by the Centers for
Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) relative to Section 603 of BBA 2015 and
further changes made by Section 16001 of the 21st Century Cures Act.
- Identify the criteria that must be achieved for clinics to be recognized as provider-based
- Discuss the current status of changes in payment to off-campus provider-based clinics as provided through Section 603 of the BBA 2015
- Give examples of changes made by the 21st Century Cures Act
- Describe critical physician supervisory rule changes
- Discuss the attestation and request for determination processes
- Analyze the relationship of PBR relative to the Conditions for Payment, Conditions of Participation and gaining billing privileges
- Discuss the regulatory pressures for reducing reimbursement for provider-based clinics
This program is intended for all personnel involved with provider-based clinic and/or clinical operations, compliance personnel and coding and billing personnel. Nursing staff and interested physicians are also encouraged to attend.
Abbey, MD, Management Consultant and President, Abbey & Abbey Consultants
over 20 years, Dr. Abbey has provided health care consulting services to
hospitals, physicians and medical clinics. The focus of his consulting has been
in the areas of compliance, payment and delivery systems. In addition to his
consulting, he is an invited presenter for hospital associations, medical
societies and other groups. Dr. Abbey has also published articles and books on
health care topics.
Registration fee: $195 for CHA members, $245 for associate members and $295 for non-members. The deadline to register is Tuesday, April 25.
Webinar Instructions and Materials
Prior to the webinar, you will receive instructions for accessing the webinar, along with the slide presentation via email. If your email address changes, you do not receive an email with instructions from CHA or if you are unable to download or open presentation materials, please contact CHA prior to the webinar at email@example.com or 720.489.1630.